Self-care is just as important to entrepreneurs as it is to the average joe. It doesn’t have to be time-consuming or expensive, but it is important you make some time for it regularly to reset, ready for the week ahead. It can come in many forms, depending on what suits you.
It can be anything from a bubble bath to a walk in nature, or a yoga class to a night out with friends. For some, cannabis can also be a form of self-care. Whether it’s smoking, vaping, edibles or topicals, cannabis can be a great way to relax, reduce stress, and ease pain. It can also help to promote a better quality of sleep and provide an overall sense of wellbeing.
Whatever it is, make sure it’s something you enjoy doing. While choosing the latter, however, make sure to consult with a reputed cannabis doc who can administer the right kind of CBD products after assessing your overall health condition. This is to ensure that you can benefit from its therapeutic effects without experiencing any negative side effects.
That being said, here are 5 tips you can implement in your life to give yourself the self-care you deserve:
- Go outdoors – Getting outside is one of the best habits you can develop to live a healthier, happier life. Many of us lead sedentary lives, spending most of the day inside our office cubicles or on the couch at home. This perpetuates bad habits like sitting for long periods of time, which are linked to a higher risk of cancer, heart disease, diabetes, and obesity. Spending more time outside can help improve your mental health, boost your energy, and even reduce your cancer risk.
2. Feelings should not be kept but rather be shared – How you feel is just as important to your health as the food you eat or the amount of exercise you get. In recent studies, researchers have uncovered how you feel directly impacts your mind and body. And the way you feel plays into how you act, too, which, in turn, impacts your mental and physical health. While you can’t control every situation or event that impacts you, you can take control of how you choose to feel. Make some time to talk to people about how you are feeling, whether that’s a friend or a professional like a therapist.
3. Spend time with people you love – Make time and spend it with people you love! There’s no better antidote to the stress, anxiety, and depression that can creep in from time to time. No matter where you are in your personal wellness journey, make time for the people you care about, and you’ll see that when you prioritize spending time with the people who matter most, you’ll feel happier and healthier, too.
4. Take time every day to rejuvenate yourself and de-stress- So, now you’re probably wondering: am I being too hard on myself? Should I not be taking time each day to get refreshed? Taking this time for yourself is important for both your mental and physical health, so don’t feel guilty about prioritizing your own needs. Some of the ways to de-stress are taking a walk, meditating, listening to music, journaling, talking to a friend, or practicing yoga. As an additional option, you could also consider using CBD products from bangor dispensary (or similarly-themed dispensaries nearby), which could be helpful in managing stress and anxiety. Using these techniques, you can reduce your stress levels, clear your mind, and refocus your efforts.
5. Keep track of your finances – While it may sound a little boring or unimportant, your financial situation physically, emotionally, and mentally. If your finances are a mess, they can accurately represent your health and, in turn, affect how you act in other aspects of your life. In fact, studies have shown that poor financial health can lead to anxiety and depression, as well as a host of other physical and emotional ailments. So, better keep track of your finances, and stay healthy in the process. There are fun ways to help you financially better yourself outside of working life, including playing free games that pay real money and completing online surveys for money.
6.Sleep is an amazing thing our bodies need. It improves our mood, regulates our metabolism, and repairs our bodies. But sleep is also something many don’t get enough of. Whether you’re a night owl or an early riser, getting at least 7 hours of sleep a night is crucial for good health. So, if you are not getting enough amount of sleep, then it might be time for you to treat the issue. For starters, you can take the CBD (Cannabidiol) route. It has been found that CBD can relieve insomnia by addressing several causes of the condition. Mental health issues like anxiety can cause the mind to race and make it difficult to relax and fall asleep; CBD can alleviate the symptoms of anxiety so that individuals can sleep better. Another cause of restless nights may be chronic pain, which can also be treated with CBD products. While some might opt for a pax 3 vaporizer to vape away their insomnia symptoms, others might consider gummies a viable option. Luckily, all the above-mentioned items and more can be sourced from both online and offline dispensaries.
7. Hydration is important – Being hydrated is important for your mental and physical health, but it’s often overlooked. If you’re busy, you may not have time to head to the water cooler to take a drink of water or have trouble remembering to drink water throughout the day.
8. Get your body moving; exercise or do some simple physical activities. – Physical activity isn’t just something people can do to lose weight. It’s not just for elite athletes or people looking to stay in shape. The truth is that exercise is important for all of your body systems and helps keep them functioning at their highest level. It can also give you more energy and help you sleep better.
9. Set your intention daily – Setting a daily intention may seem trivial, but it’s crucial to living a happy, meaningful life. Setting a daily intention helps you balance your personal and professional life, deflect negative thoughts, and reduce stress.
10. Do the things or activities you enjoy – Choosing activities you enjoy is one of the most effective ways to carve out time for self-care. There are endless options, like trying another sport, taking a class, or cooking a new recipe. Start small if you’re having a hard time finding something you enjoy. With access to broadband internet, it’s also easy to explore activities online, such as streaming a yoga class, listening to a podcast, or joining a virtual book club. There are countless activities available that don’t require leaving the house, so it’s easier than ever to find something that sparks joy. Try one recent activity or thing each week, and once you’ve gained momentum, you can focus on finding something you want even more.
Making time for self-care is so important. Whether you have kids, work a full-time job, or live a hectic life, you need to carve out enough time for yourself to recharge. And trying new things in your free time is a fantastic way to unplug and become more aware of how you’re spending your time.